Boosting the Immune System for Cold & Flu Season
Natural remedies can boost the immune system and help protect against cold and flu symptoms. Check out Sprouts Vitamin Department for a wide variety of herbs, homeopathic remedies, vitamins and supplements that will keep you in fighting form!
· Vitamin A – Keeps skin and tissues in the mouth, stomach, intestines and respiratory system healthy.
· Vitamin C – The body does not make or store vitamin C, it must be obtained through diet. Its consumption is important for a strong immune system and may contribute to slightly shorter colds and/or somewhat milder symptoms.
· Vitamin E – Important nutrient for optimal immune function and protects cells against effects the harmful effect of free radical damage.
· Vitamin D – Promotes immune defenses.
· Echinacea – Supports a healthy immune system by activating white blood cells.
· Boron’s Oscillococcinum – The most popular homeopathic flu remedy on the market, and recommended by doctors around the world.
· Sprouts Oregano Oil – A powerful anti-viral that has been found to relieve symptoms of upper respiratory infections.
Did you know?
· 72% of U.S. adults already take a vitamin or supplement to strengthen their ability to fight off infection (Gallup Poll)
· Immunity is a top reason people took a supplement in the past two year
o Cited more often than pain relief, weight control and reducing heart risko 80% of consumers interested in improving the immune system