Here is what was on the handout from last night's class.
How to Get Started:
AZ Daily Star- $4.30 per month for Sunday paper. www.azstarnet.com
AZ Republic- Multiple Sunday Papers available. More expensive. More coupons. https://subscribe.azcentral.com/circpromos/promopages/pinchingyourpennies.phpAZ Republic- $1 per week for 1 Sunday paper https://subscribe.azcentral.com/circpromos/promopages/2010_deal_blogger.php
Under Labels on Right sidebar, click on printable Coupons. Print coupons directly from coupons.com from my website.
Make a Coupon Box
Details on www.mysavvysavings.com
Under Labels on Right Sidebar, click on Coupon File Box
Know When to Toss Old Inserts
Tucson Coupon Tips
- Safeway, Bashas, and Frys double coupons taking up to $1 off everyday!! The only exception is if the coupon or printable coupon states DO NOT DOUBLE.
- Safeway always has in-ad coupons that say you can get a certain item for a certain price with a $20 purchase. You don't have to purchase $20 plus those items. The price of that item goes towards your $20 purchase.
- Use FREE Online Resources to find the deals of the week using coupons.
- Pair Buy One Get One (BOGO) FREE coupons with BOGO sales.
- Walgreens and their Register Rewards program
- CVS and their Extra Care Bucks program. Must register for card!
Cutting Your Grocery Bill in Half
- Track Your Receipts for 1 month.
- Set a realistic goal.
- Track and Know your best PricesPrintable Tracking Sheet. www.grocerysavingtips.com
- Using the weekly sales ads, create a weekly meal plan.www.allrecipes.com enter ingredients you have and search for recipes“101 Things To Do With...” cookbooks by Stephanie Ashcraft
- Cook Once, Eat Twice
- Make Shopping list based on what is on sale and menu plan.
- Shop alone.
- Best Sales are on the front and back of your supermarket flier.
- Buy produce in it's season.
- Grow your own vegetables.
- Check pantry to see what you already have.
- 99¢ and Dollar Tree Stores
- Bread Outlet Stores
- Price Match at Walmart by taking ads to store.
- Sign up for Grocery Store Cards for Fry's, Bashas, and Safeway.
- Ask for rain check when the grocery store is out of a sales item.
- Most bargains are found on the higher or lower shelves.
- Stock up on Items when they hit their lowest price.
- Limit shopping to 1 day a week.
- Avoid shopping when hungry.
- Have a shopping plan.
- Walgreens and their Register Rewards
- CVS and their Extra Care Bucks
- Add Coupons for more Savings.