Friday, September 3, 2010

Costco: Chandler Farms Organic Body Care Deal


Tonight my husband and I stopped at Costco (3901 West Costco Drive, Tucson).  Costco brings in different vendors for a specific time, and tonight I discovered Chandler Farm Organic Body Care Products.  They will be there until September 12th at Costco.  You can sample the body butter while you are there.


I have tried several body butters from various companies, and this one was pretty amazing.  Plus the price couldn't be beat.  


They have 2 separate deals.  3 body butters for just $24.99.  Or you can choose 1 body butter and any 3 of their other products (lotions, body washes, soap) for just $24.99.  The Cranberry & Mandarin and the Coconut & Banana scents were my favorite.  You can see all their products here.


This is an excellent price for body butter.

5 comments:

Martha said...

My fam was at the same Costco today and I got to try the Banana Coconut "flavor." YUM! I didn't buy any since they don't carry products with sunscreen (I'm a melanoma survivor.) They smelled great and made my hands soft though!

Susan said...

I just bought a box from Costco today. It seems like a great deal, but I'm skeptical about the "organic certification" and I will probably contact the company. I was told that they have passed the certification and will not receive paper confirmation until 2011. My box included body wash, body butter, body lotion, and 2 bars of their certified organic soaps for $24.99 :)

Great website by the way :)

Stephanie Greenwood said...

Seriously, I WOULD be skeptical about their organic certification. Check out the ingredients on their body lotion: Purified Water, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol from Coconut, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Tocopherol, Essential Oils, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

At least that's the listing from their website...is there something different on their bottle? How can they call the product organic when there's only ONE organic ingredient among a host of harmful synthetics. Like phenoxyethanol, which is made by combining a carcinogenic, toxic white powder called phenol, and another toxic ingredient, sodium cyanide! How is that organic? And sodium benzoate plus citric acid--these two ingredient when combined slowly release the carcinogen benzene. This product is not organic by any means!

Susan said...

Thank you Stephanie Greenwood. I have returned the items :)

Pomona Noltes said...

I LOVE the body butters. The banana coconut one is my fave too. It's so thick and nice! Great products!