Friday, January 15, 2010

Deals around Town

Sometimes I ask myself if the time and effort I spend trying to save money is really worth it. Today I think it was.

I started with stops at CVS and Walgreens including picking up my free 8 X 10 collage that Walgreens offered for free on Wednesday. After ECBs and coupons, I was able to stock up on Aussie, Herbal Essence, and Pantene Products for .99 ea.

I headed to Kohl's with my 20% off coupon. I found a couple great deals on the clearance racks the next size up for my kiddos. I spent 36.83. Saved 85.92! I got my kids shirts, jeans, and more! Gotta love Kohl's.

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/blog/target400.jpg

I had to stop at Target because I had heard rumors that they were going to be clearancing their toys. I wasn't disappointed. The Target on Ina had 4 rows of clearance in the toy section marked up to 75% off. I stocked up on gifts for upcoming birthday parties that I'm sure my kids will be invited to over the next few months. They also had some of the kids clothing marked 75% off as well. Definitely worth going to take a look, but I'd hurry. I think things will go fast. At the checkout, they gave me $1 off coupon of the food court, so I used it to get a smoothie and paid $1.08 after the coupon.

After Target, I ran over to Bookman's to drop off all the magazines I had been collecting over the last 3 months. I got $11 in store credit. With the credit, I got a children's book and the DVD Enchanted. My out of pocket cost was 54 cents!

I used my Taco Bell Coupon to get a FREE Fresco Taco for lunch. Then, I headed over to FRY'S where I saved 78% on my grocery trip using all the coupon deals available. I got frozen veggies for .18 and deodorant for FREE! Then, I ended my shop-a-thon by a stop at Albertsons where I spent 42.98 and saved 82.66.


Is Couponing Really Worth It? Today I decided that sometimes it truly pays to be coupon savvy!


No comments: