Saturday, August 29, 2009

Problems at Target

http://www.uncg.edu/student.groups/bbsa/images/Target%20Logo.jpg

You may have noticed the lack of posting Target deals lately. I have been hearing that many people have been having negative experiences with using coupons at Target especially at the one that I like to go to on Ina and Thornydale. One of their managers J.C. is anti-couponers at the moment.

I'll leave my source anonymous, but her experience was mortifying. She was trying to buy 4 mascaras with 4 coupons (1 for each item). They tried to tell her that you are only allowed to use 1 coupon in their store per day. Target really needs to train their employees on their own coupon policy.

So, I am going to help arm you with their coupon policy. Print it and keep it in your purse if you frequent Target. Help educate their employees on their own policies. They are not getting the training from their own management.

"Target Coupon Policy

Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping at Target, and we make it easy to use them at our stores. But because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target:

1. We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued coupons.
2. We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
3. We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in that case, we'll adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.
4. We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.

All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier at the time of sale.

Have questions or want more information about using coupons at Target? Check with a Guest Services Team Leader at your local store. You can also give us a call at (800) 440-0680, or visit us on Target.com. Either way, we're here to help!"

If you have any questions on other stores coupon policy, Pinching Your Pennies has listed the policies for Walgreens, Walmart, and Target.

If you have had issues, using coupons at Target, please email me at: ashcraftsteph@yahoo.com

I'd like to compile a list to send on to their corporate office.

Updated 9/12/09 Target finally put their coupon policy online!

4 comments:

kc said...

What a bummer! That is my store too! I have had issues in the past, but normally it works out. I haven't couponed over there in awhile, but was planning a trip this weekend. I will let you know if there are any issues!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

I have noticed when I go to print out the target online coupons that they have a link to where you can use the store coupons. The nearest target that will accept target online coupons is in Gilbert or something like that. So, I just haven't gone to target since I've lived in Tucson. One lost customer over the dumb website right here. I've thought about calling them and asking if they accept there own coupons, but the coupon policy is supposed to be all of the Target stores, right?

Kyle and Melissa said...

My Target at 22nd St and Old Spanish Trail in Tucson takes internet coupons and Target internet coupons. I have never had a problem.