Friday, May 8, 2009

Welcome, KVOA viewers!
I hope my website helps you and your family in your quest to save lots of money!


4 ways to get the best price

1. Use cash. It's amazing what deals you can get on furniture, electronics, etc.. if you come in with cash and say "This is all I have to spend." Be willing to walk away. They will generally chase after you. Managers can change prices.

2. Do your homework. There are many ways to find the best price available. If you know what you want, use websites like:

bizrate.com
PriceGrabber.com
froogle.google.com
mysimon.com

If shopping for a car, research vehicles and their current market value on edmunds.com. Then, visit carsdirect.com to get a fixed price. You can purchase from them or take the information to your local dealer to see if they can match or beat it.

3. Recognize that people often ask for more than they expect to get. Don't be afraid to ask for a better deal. I wanted a couple stamp sets not on sale at a local scrapbook store. I asked the manager if I bought multiples if she could give me 20% off. She did.

4. Be patient and willing to wait for the best deal!

1 comment:

kc said...

Great job! I just watched your segment! :-)