Friday, May 8, 2009

5/8 Costco and Kohl's Deals

My husband took our boys to a church father and sons camp out, so the girls and I went shopping! I wanted to share some of the savings that I found!

Costco

Our first stop was Costco. I only buy certain items at Costco, because I can usually get better deals using coupons in the grocery store. They had their 50 yard spools of wired ribbon marked down to 3.99 from 6.99 (located by the scrapbooking supplies).


They had little girl Speedo swimsuits (both one piece and 2 piece) for 11.99! Yeah!

We also picked up their Drawstring Kitchen trash bags (200 count) for 9.99. My blender died a few weeks back. I was able to replace it with a black Oster 8 speed blender for $24.99 after an instant $5 manufacture rebate taken off at the register. This model sells for around $50 online. It comes in Red, Black, or Silver.


I stocked up on Stamps (100 Forever stamps for 41.75)! The price on stamps goes up to .44 on Monday.

I also lucked out and got the last silk tree that they had marked down 50% off their already low price.

Kohl's
The girls and I also hit Kohl's. If you haven't signed up for their emails, you need to do so. You get a $5 off your next purchase for signing up, but you also get emailed other great deals. This week I received an email that I could print and take to the store for $10 off my next purchase of $10 or more. Kohl's was having a great clearance sale!


With the coupon I got 2 darling Carter's little baby girl dresses marked down to $5.60 each (each originally priced at $28) for $1.30 total out of pocket!

I use the 15% off coupon they mailed to me to pay for my other purchases.

I got a size $60 size 18 Boys Suit Coat for $10.20 after discount.


Elizabeth (age 8) stocked up on cute girl pants and darling denim knee length shorts which cost $5.44 and $7.65 after the discount. They cost $30 and $32 originally.


I was also able to get a pair of workout capris for $4.76 after the discount.


Now to the only item that I bought that wasn't on clearance! I needed a new swimsuit. I found a modest swimsuit at Kohls! Yeah! They had most of their swimsuits 40% off. I got this swimsuit (originally $78) for 39.78 after the 40% off and additional 15% off discount. I hate spending that much on a suit, but I really needed one for an upcoming trip to California. I like to buy them when they hit $20 or under on clearance.


We got back just in time to tape the 10 p.m. KVOA news segment that I did with Sandy Rathbun. Sandy did an excellent job compiling the story!

No comments: