Tuesday, April 14, 2009
6 Ways To Save Money At The Pima County Fair
Here are six ways to save money at the Pima County Fair shared by our friends at Tucson On The Cheap:
"1. On Thursday, April 16, 2009, you get FREE admission to the fair from noon to 3:00 PM if you contribute two cans of food.
2. Also on Thursday, April 16, 2009, Clear Channel Communications offers Dr. Pepper Wristband Day. You can buy unlimited rides on the Tucson Weekly Carnival from 3:00 PM-11:30 PM. AND if you take along an unopened 20-oz. bottle of Dr. Pepper or Diet Dr. Pepper, you get a $5 discount on your wristband.
3. Friday, April 17, 2009 is Military Appreciation Day. Take your military ID and get in to the fair for $2.
4. Monday, April 20, 2009, is Discount Day. $2.00 parking and $2 admission. It’s also Senior Day, with lots of activities.
5. Tuesday, April 21, 2009 is Discount Day (again). This time you get $1 rides on the Tucson Weekly Carnival, starting at 3:00 PM. (I believe the admission is not discounted, though.)
6. Wednesday, April 22, 2009 is Discount Day (yep, again!) Pick up a coupon from a participating Wendy’s and get a BOGO (2 for 1) admission of equal or lesser value AND the cost of a single ride. Must present coupon. No photocopies accepted! These coupons are available starting today (April 14, 2009). I called one Wendy’s to check, and they have confirmed.
Where: Pima County Fairgrounds, 11300 S. Houghton Rd., Tucson 85747.
When: The Pima County Fair runs from April 16-April 26, 2009.
How much: General admission is usually $7, Kids 6-10 get in for $2. Parking is $5. Plenty of ways to save if you read the above."